Monday, December 1, 2008

Movement and transition

Happy December everyone!

Angela and I have just returned from our first trimester check-in retreat with the ELCA program. We were in Uruguay, the country situated just up the Atlantic coast from Buenos Aires, and had an absolutely amazing experience! We spent a couple of days on an organic farm (I'm sure that Angela will comment on this at greater length), and even put together a nice thanksgiving dinner!

I find myself at the moment in a period of transition after the recharge that the retreat provided. One of the things that I would like to change the most is the way that I communicate with those of you reading this blog up in the North. I'm surprised by my relative silence on some important questions related to our mission here, and really by the infrequency of my posts! For someone who feels like he's writing all the time, I find that my words here don't do justice to what you all would like to read or should be reading.

So, I'm going to try to post more regularly, and I am also trying to put together an email list to put out some specific stories.

We pray that this wintery weather and Holiday season find you all in high hopes, positive spirits, and large mugs filled with warm liquids.

No comments: